Where life is sweet and Imagination is limitless.

Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Purple Unicorn

My Daughter Abby just turned 6 years old. All she wanted was a purple unicorn party with an unicorn cake.

I must say this has to be one of the hardest cakes to date for me. I started with a two layer 9in round pan. I mixed the batter with food coloring so when she cut the cake it was a rainbow inside and man she and her friends loved that.




Then for the Unicorn it self I used a loaf pan and cut both sides off and one corner. the corner i used as the head. on side I used as the tail and the last side I used to cut out legs.



 I covered it in my butter cream icing, which was a big hit. I will say tho, I need to work with it some more to find out ways to make it smooth, but for this cake. Smooth was not the goal. I wanted it to look like fur.

Oh, one more thing. I was pipping the ears and noticed I forgot ears, but No one noticed it at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment